[3830] IARU W1UE(@N6VR) SOAB(A)CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 10 09:52:00 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: N6VR

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: az

  160:    46    0       5        3
   80:   123    0      12        9
   40:   257    0      28       22
   20:   471    0      38       47
   15:   170    0      22       21
   10:     9    0       4        1
-------------------------------------
Total:  1076    0     109      103  Total Score = 682,216

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

About 4 hrs into the contest, Mr Murphy pulled a chair and stayed until the end.
 The venerable A3 for 20M decided it wanted to do high SWR, so I was limited to
500 watts on 20m.  Then a monsoon wind broke a plastic element to boom mount on
the 40M KLM, limiting me to 800 watts on 40m.  Other than that, everything else
worked.

Propagation from Az was interesting.  I could work virtually anything I could
hear- but its summer here, and the static from the storms greatly affected the
low bands.  Ray has a 400ft NE beverage and a 4sq vertical array for Rx on the
low bands; sometimes one was better, sometimes the other.  Both were needed,
depending on the particular signal.

Many thanks to Ray N6VR and his wife Marlys for their hospitality!

Dennis W1UE