[3830] IARU VA3SB SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 10 12:51:02 EDT 2017

IARU HF World Championship

Call: VA3SB
Operator(s): VA3SB
Station: VA3SB

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Haliburton
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:    2             2
   40:  196            21      24
   20:  334            21      36
   15:   33             8       3
   10:    1             1
-------------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My first major contest effort with my remote station. Conditions seemed poor
initially but picked up. Glad I was using my remote as my antennas are higher
and there is less noise. I believe I would have made more qso's if I did not
have a problem with my 80M inverted vee.

What contest would not be complete without a visit from Murphy! I thought I had
resolved an 80M RF issue the last time I was up at the station. Clearly did not
succeed as my DSL router kept rebooting whenever I tried to operate or even
tune with 20W on 80. Oh well glad the other bands held up.

Had to make many many calls and provide repeats as stations were struggling
with my low power. Thank you all for your patience and making the qso.

The IARU is one of my favourite contests of the year. See you all in the next
one.
 73 Serge VA3SB