[3830] DMC RTTY WQ6X(@NX6T) Single Op 12 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 16 20:32:30 EDT 2017

DMC RTTY Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: Single Op 12 LP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute WQ6X remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook, Ca.
My original idea was to work the DMC RTTY contest leading up to the NAQP RTTY
GiG and then finish the DMC GiG after NAQP.  The 1st objective was clearly
met.
However after the NAQP RTTY GiG I was so exhausted I just went to bed,
leaving the DMC score where I ended it @18:00z.
I ran a K3-radio at 4-watts in order to drive the ACOM-2000a amplifier to
a perfect 100 watt level, qualifying as an LP operation.  20 meters was THE
band for this operation, with EXCELLENT band conditions.
Luckily, the CME which took out the entire HF spectrum was not
encountered until well AFTER contest end.