[3830] CQWW VHF N7IR SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 17 12:12:33 EDT 2017

CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

    2:   17     8
-------------------
Total:  172    78  Total Score = 14,742

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First time I've used the WSJT-X program in a contest.  I made many contacts on 6
meters using the FT8 mode that I wouldn't have on SSB or CW.  Many were with
stations that I have never worked on VHF before.  This trend is very good for
the CQ WW VHF contest out here in the VHF boonies.

        Band   Mode  QSOs   Grids
          50  CW      60     23
          50  FT8     56     37
          50  MSK144   1      1
          50  USB     38      9

The obvious take-away from these stats is this was a weak-signal contest in
Arizona, with the exception of the strong opening to Texas on Sunday.

             Rigs : Elecraft K3/100 on 6 meters
                    Elecraft K3/K144XV + B1016 on 2 meters

         Antennas : DS50-5 at 14 m on 6 meters
                    2M12 at 8 m on 2 meters

With the exception of KG6IYN in DM12 and KF7UV in DM26, all of the 2 meter
contacts were in-state.

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.

73
Gary, N7IR