[3830] CWopsT K9ZO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jul 19 16:13:22 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jul 19

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: il

Total:  81  Mults = 71  Total Score = 5,751

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Prep for this was 2.5 hours in the gym since the 1300z CWT!

Running low power to see the impact of signal strength on number of QSOs.
Started on 20. Lots of signals, but nobody answered CQs.  Very slow first 5
minutes, then was OK.  West coast guys were pretty strong now.  Found I was
sharing a frequency (and losing) and also finding guys crowding close to me.
At 1927Z lots of CQs needed.  Wanted the contest to end.

Band change to 40 at 1934z.  It was packed and loud east coast.  Good time to
change bands.  Started clipping right along with 1,2,3 a minute, but by 1943Z
lots of CQing needed.  Things dried up at the end.

High power is better than low power.