[3830] IOTA N5AW SO12CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 30 12:21:11 EDT 2017

IOTA Contest

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: SO12CW HP
QTH: TX (EM00tq)

   80:   22      13
   40:  103      26
   20:  121      30
   15:   38      10
Total:  284      79       0        0  Total Score = 170,640

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Saw some complaints about poor conditions but considering the sunspot cycle I
thought they were pretty good. Worked quite a few Europeans on 15 Saturday
morning - not strong but anything is good these days. Some big signals from
Europe on 20 in our late afternoon. 40 was open to Europe two hours before
sunset and big signals later in the evening. Biggest surprise of all was some
good signals from Europe on 80 meters. That's rare through the summer QRN down
here in Texas. My apologies to several callers I could not pull out of the
static on 40 but did work several QRP Europeans. All in all a fun contest.

K3s - Expert 1.3K-FA 1200 watts. Yagis 20/15, Moxon 40, dipole array 80,
Beverages