[3830] AlQP K4BAI/M SO Mobile+DriverCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 4 08:39:09 EDT 2017

Alabama QSO Party

Call: K4BAI/M
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI/M

Class: SO Mobile+DriverCW LP
QTH: 15 AL counties
Operating Time (hrs): 10:06

  160:    0     0
   80:   56     0
   40:  505     0
   20:  262     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  823     0  CW Mults = 47  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 77,362

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro, 100W, Hustler mobile whips with magnetic mounts on trunk of 1997
Buick.  Many thanks to Jeff, KU8E, who helped me install the rig and antennas
and was the driver.  We lost some time due to a return home to get a forgotten
tool box and two quick meals.  Thanks for all QSOs.  Considering recent band
conditions, the band conditions this weekend were excellent.  20M was open to
most of the US plus Europe and the Caribbean and northern South America.  Skip
was short so that we were able to work adjoining states on 20 (except GA).  40M
didn't seem to have any skip zone that has been occuring lately and we were able
to work other AL stations for the whole contest period plus HK and west coast
and Europe after sunset here.  80M was surprisingly good for the last two
hours, but no DX this year.  It appeared that the AL stations turned out in
good numbers.  Congrats to my fellow ACG members.  For mults, we missed (I
think) ME, VT, NV, ID, WY, ND, SD and AK.  Got KH6ZM on 40 late for HI, thanks
Max.  Canadian areas worked, VE2, VE3, VE4, VE6, VE7.  DX stations included
HK3Q, DL3DXX, DL3GA, DK3BN, IK0MHR, OK1CF.  DL3GA, DL3DXX, and OK1CF were
worked on 40M.  John, K4BAI.