[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 7 19:57:57 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jun 7

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Holt-Montague Trail
Operating Time (hrs): :40

Total:  15  Mults = 15  Total Score = 225

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Murphy Struck again! The wind was blowing briskly, but I thought I had secured
my 31' collapsible pole, which holds the antenna.

WRONG! a much stronger wind gust came along at 1940Z, blew the pole horizontal.
 I attempted to straighten it back up, but no dice.  Wind wouldn't let me.  So,
I gave up, packed up with 15 Q's in the bag, and went home.

A problem with the staging area in Montague is that it's in an
industrial/commercial area.  RFI was S7 to S9, which probably meant that I
missed some callers.  If I get to this trail in the future, I'll try other
staging areas along its 22 mile path.

Thanks for the folks who worked me!