[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jun 9 01:13:27 EDT 2017

NCCC Sprint - Jun 9

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): :30

  160:   0      0
   80:   3      3
   40:  11      9
   20:  16     11
   15:   4      3
   10:   2      1
-------------------
Total:  34     26  Total Score = 884

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Two 10m pre-NS QSO's with W7OM and K7SS are noted but not counted.  Attempt to
work KZ5D not successful.  6m was fully open to the NNE, suggesting these were
Es contacts; had multiple Q's on 6m pre-NS, one with a station in Spokane, WA,
another in a remote part of NE Oregon.

I feel like the Locust (K6VVA) with multiple QLF's tonight:  in RTTY, 30 sec
before start I tripped over the audio out cable, detaching it from the
computer; in CW NS got so interested in pre-NS qSO's that I forgot to load the
NS module into N1MM, wondering why I couldn't send CW (it was set up for RTTY).
That mistake accounts for the first <1K score in several weeks, as I lost 3
mins.

Called CQ on 160 in the last minute hoping to catch K6MR, but no luck.

73 Bill n6zfo