[3830] ARRL June VHF K4OJ/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 11 16:48:55 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K4OJ/R
Operator(s): N4KM NX4N
Station: K4OJ/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: EL88, EL89

    6:  11     6
    2:   1     0
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  12     6  Total Score = 72

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Hi All,
Kevin N4KM and I tried our first VHF Rover outing with a very limited
"Limited" effort.  The 6m station was a K3 and Moxon and the 2m
station an IC0706, Mirage Amp and 5el yagi.
The heat was just overwhelming - our plans were for 4 grids but after two
mini-FD setups in the tropical sun we were simply too beat to do more.
All this effort netted 12 QSO's - hardly what we had hoped.  But we started the
day by meeting at a terrific little BBQ place and enjoyed several hours
together.

If we do this again (TBD) we may we go mobile (vs. rover) to minimize setup and
maximize grids and operating.

Hope everyone enjoyed a FB contest.

73,
Chris, NX4N