[3830] GACW WWSA WQ6X(@NX6T) SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 04:12:40 EDT 2017

GACW WWSA CW DX Contest

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.

   80:   1      1        1
   40:  11      5        2
   20:  29      8        5
   15:   3      3        3
   10:   0      0        0
------------------------------
Total:  44     17       11  Total Score = 1,800

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute remote operation from NX6T ("NashVille")
in Fallbrook Ca.  Unfortunately, operations didn't begin until 00:00z.

For most of the contest no South American stations were to be found.
There seemed to be more callers from Russia than from South America.
Eventually they made their way through on 20 and then 15 meters at the end.

Tower #2's rotor sported a faulty cable leaving the 2-el 40-meter yagi
pointing
at 33-degrees (Europe) and the Stepp-IR pointing 122-degrees to S. America.
Using BI-Directional mode I manage a handful of JA stations in addition to
S/A.

20-meters was of course the best band.  15-meters opened only an hour before
contest end - bummer dewd.  Altho the A & K indexes were low, the
QRN-level
at NX6T on 80/40 was nearly S-9.

At one point the internet failed while N1MM+ auto-CQ'd for nearly
30 minutes while I figured a way to access another internet router.
That is why I didn't respond to your calls during that period.

I was JUST getting warmed up when 15:00z came around.
This was my 1st but not the last time in this contest.
You can read the write up about this contest later this
week in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:  http://WQ6X.Blogspot.Com