[3830] ARRL June VHF N2NT Limited Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 10:56:44 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT N2NC WW2Y
Station: N2NT

Class: Limited Multi-Op HP
QTH: FN20si

    6:  582   138
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  996   231  Total Score = 259,644

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Another fun VHF weekend from N2NT.  Thanks to N2NT for staying on the tower
until 9:30 PM Friday night to replace the M2 432-9WL with a pair of K1FO-22
element yagis.  We mounted them side by side (E plane stacking) on a fiberglass
mast because it would minimize interaction with the HF/6M/222 antennas on the
same mast.  We also used LMR-600UF for all coax from the FO-22s to the
7/8" hardline at the top of the tower.  These changes should have given
about 2 dB improvement over the old 432 antenna system.  In actual use, it
seemed like more.  Two dB is a lot on VHF/UHF!

Nice to have a some decent Es on 6m both days and tropo on the higher bands
Sunday.  Although we had already worked K0TPP on MSK144 on 2m, it was very cool
to have Larry call in again on CW Sunday night with a nice s5-s7 tropo signal.
That's 950 miles.

Thanks to Peter, WW2Y, for doing the bulk of the 6m/222/432 operating.  We use
two K3's and one usually is dedicated to 6m/222/432.  The operator at that
position stays very busy running guys through all 3 bands.

Best DX on each band -

6m  - PV8ADI 2748 miles Es
2m  - K5QE   1204 miles MSK144
222 - AA4ZZ   486 miles tropo
432 - VE3ZV   347 miles tropo

Looking forward to September and also the CQWW VHF.

- John N2NC, for the N2NT VHF team