[3830] ARRL June VHF K7HKR SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 18:54:29 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  45     35
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  45     35  Total Score = 1,575

First VHF contest, entered 3-band category but only worked 6.  I borrowed an old
all-band 6/2/70 rig to supplement my HF/6 rig, but was having problems with the
audio and did not make a Q with it.  I don't live in a big city and have
terrain issues, so non-ionospheric contacts on 6 and 2 aren't very interesting.
 Worked  a few adjacent grids on 6 and otherwise relied on sporadic-E.  Tried
calling CQ a few times during marginal conditions, but otherwise was S&P.
Openings weren't very strong, but could have been worse.  Highlight was a brief
double-hop opening to New England.

50 watts, homebrew 4el 6-meter Yagi at 15ft from AZ