[3830] ARRL June VHF K5GDX Limited Multi-Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 12 21:39:27 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K5GDX
Operator(s): WQ5L WD5BJT AE5MI
Station: K5GDX

Class: Limited Multi-Op LP
QTH: EM50kk
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  512   107
    2:    3     2
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  515   109  Total Score = 56,135

Club: Great Southern DX Association

Comments:

100W, 4 el @30'

6M QSO distribution by grid area (includes dupes):

DM  51
DN  14
EL  24
EM  65
EN  25
FK   2
FL   3
FM 125
FN 230

Pretty clear from that where most of our E skip landed. Fortunately for us
there are a lot of stations to work there. FN20 was the sweet spot with 56 Qs,
followed by FM19 with 50 and FN31 with 42.

On the flip side, we didn't work a single EN grid until 2316Z Sunday, when one
of the east coast E-clouds finally drifted far enough west for us.

And, no DX (besides Caribbean), no West Coast, perhaps no double hop at all. I
did briefly copy an Italian station calling CQ NA, but he did not hear me.

We dabbled with using JT65 to fill in a few nearby grids during the otherwise
dead times. Situational for sure but a valuable tool to hang on the belt.

73 -- Ray WQ5L