[3830] ARRL June VHF K6KNS Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 13 16:46:34 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K6KNS
Operator(s): K6KNS
Station: K6KNS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Folsom

    2:  12     3
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  12     3  Total Score = 36

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I spent most of Saturday with Bob KR6N observing Jay KE6GLA and Stefan AF6SA and
his son Alex KK6YYD working the contest at their portable stations. Jay was set
up at 5200 feet off of Ice House Rd in the El Dorado Nat’l Forest. Stefan and
Alex were on Pine Hill near Rescue, CA at 2050 feet.  Seeing their portable
setups especially their antennas has enticed me to plan ahead for future like
contests. Pretty neat stuff. From my QTH, I worked a few on 2M SSB.

Yaesu FT-991 / Diamond X200A Base Ant