[3830] ARRL June VHF KR1ST SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 13 22:00:54 EDT 2017

ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: KR1ST
Operator(s): KR1ST
Station: KR1ST

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: FN21fk

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  176    73  Total Score = 12,848

Rigs: IC-7300 (6m), IC-275H (2m)
Pwr:  100W on 6 and 2m
Ants: - single Par Electronics Omniangle (halo-type) for 6m @30ft
      - stacked pair Par Electronics Omniangles for 2m @30ft
Elev: 1900+ ft

This is the first time I put a semi-serious effort into a VHF contest from this
location. I'm afraid I wasn't able to put as much time into it as I had hoped
due to several projects I was working on this weekend. I probably missed a few
band openings because of that.

I was mainly interested in finding out what I would be able to do on 2 meters
from here, and if it would be worth my time to put some multi element antennas
up. Usually I build my own antennas, but since I just don't have the time for
that anymore it seems, I decided to purchase Omniangles from Par Electronics.
They seem to work very well.

I did build a SO2R setup just before the contest so that I could switch between
radios with the flick of a switch so that I didn't have to deal with multiple
headsets or microphones.

Many thanks to the rovers! I've tried my hand at that myself a few years ago
(in SC). I can truly appreciate the effort you put in to be on the air from so
many grids. That takes a serious commitment and is no easy task!

73,
--Alex KR1ST