[3830] All Asian CW N6ZFO SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 18 19:52:52 EDT 2017

All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

  160:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  451   204  Total Score = 98,328

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:  FT-1000MP MkV into AL-80.
Innov/K7NV/Force12 Multi-mono beam; 40m DE Zepp at 75ft AGL

Comments:  Generally OK conditions with over-the-pole openings on 20 late Fri
and Sat providing UA9 and other QSO's; just not many stations to work. . no
Turkey, India or Lebanon heard; did work Cyprus (P3X) and Israel; a 7Z1 (Saudi
Arabia) Sunday morning on 20 went QRT before I could work him.  Rates of over
100 on both 80 and 40m Sunday morning starting at 1200Z boosted point total
rapidly, especially the 80m 2-pointers.  160 did not seem worth the QSY.
Always a pleasure to work the very courteous JA's . .  some JA's almost too
meticulous. Thus if I hear JA0XYZ and it's really JA0XCZ, the station often
just keeps completely quiet instead of correcting the call or saying
"XCZ?".  Very minor annoyance, though. . these are great operators by
and large, with the youngest being 18 and the oldest 90. OK don't know about the
two "00's" worked.  QSO's with JA3JM on 20 and 80m are noted: Akio was
my first DX QSO in spring of 1956 when I first got on the 15m novice band as
KN6OPI still have his QSL from that first contact.  He's a little ahead of me,
sending "81" in the exchange.

Very pleased to have made a reasonable effort in this one after Rusty, W6OAT,
re-kindled NCCC's interest in All-Asia a couple or three years ago.  Will be
back for the SSB version.

73 Bill n6zfo