[3830] ARRL FD VE9AA 1C LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 25 13:37:20 EDT 2017

ARRL Field Day

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: 1C LP
QTH: NB

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  267     0       0  Total Score = 1,068

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

They were calling for rain on Sat (they were right ) and with all the other
things I have going on here during our short summer, I decided not to set up
the tent and do QRP like I've done the past few years.

Not wanting to totally pass up FD though, I went out to the car during 4 or 5
long stints and operated for a total of 5 hours (daylight hours only).

Condx weren't great on Saturday, but Sunday saw Es on 15, 10 and even 6m !
(made more Q's on 6 than 10 - that was wild).  Think I made more Q's in 2 hrs
on Sunday than 3 on Saturday with the nice signals via Es (on quiet bands).  A
little QRN in the car, so Q's yesterday on 20/40 & 80 were somewhat
difficult.
Today was smooth sailing.

Great time and lots of really good ears picked up my mobile signal.

Enjoying my new Scorpion SA-680S antenna in the 09 MINI COOPER.

Wish I had more time.

TNX 4 all the Qs and CU (all of a sudden) in the next one!

dit dit

-Mike, VE9AA in NB......parked in a field, 09 MINI, FT-857D, SA-680S, 100% hand
keyed CW by N3ZN miniMITE paddles.  I did use a laptop (not interfaced) for
logging.