[3830] ARRL FD AA4LR 1D LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 25 21:25:56 EDT 2017

ARRL Field Day

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: 1D LP
QTH: GA

   20:   41     2
   15:   25     3
   10:          2
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  175     7       0  Total Score = 602

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antennas:
80/40m trap dipole up 30 ft

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 with KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

Just a little casual operation for Field Day. Had to fix the antenna situation
first. Naturally, it was raining. Attempted to put up an inverted-U antenna
using a trap 160/80/40m wire vertical. The necessary slingshot cast was a
little too difficult to make. Ended up restoring the dipole to it's former
height.

Operated for a while. It has been a while since I spent a lot of time with the
K2. The K3 has be spoiled. Still, the K2 is pleasant to listen to and worked
like a champ.

Later in the early evening, the sun was out, and I went to check on the dipole.
That's when I noticed that half the coax wasn't even connected to the antenna.
Dropped it down and fixed that problem. Antenna seemed to work a little bit
better after that.

40m was the money band. 15m was open at the start, and seemed rather short, but
there wasn't much activity on 10m. Very little east-west propagation. Most of
the 20m I worked before I fixed the dipole.

Lots of fun to hand out a few Qs.