[3830] ARRL FD KD0VHD 1A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jun 26 15:39:23 EDT 2017

ARRL Field Day

Call: KD0VHD
Operator(s): KD0VHD W0DLE WB0GAZ
Station: KD0VHD

Class: 1A LP
QTH: CO

   40:  333      9
   20:  360     11
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  993     20      0  Total Score = 2,812

Club: Kevin's Space Kadets

Comments:

Score may not contain extra credit for emergency power or web submission
We had a great time testing Kevin's new Icom IS-7300. We were surrounded by
other groups doing a non-serious FD. We got a lot of 7300 Overflow indications
from guys near us transmitting in the SSB portion of the bands. I did expect
the SDR overflow problems before we even setup, based on other reviews. We did
set the IP+ and ATTN and this helped the problems somewhat. I think using a
narrow band passive tuned loop may provide a pre-selector function on the CW
bands. We might try that next year if we can make a loop. We also blew out a
bunch of other guys near us( with other types of radios), so we just operated
13 hours to give them a break. Thank for the use of your call Kevin. Chuck,
W0DLE