[3830] ARRLDX SSB W8MJ SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 6 07:37:33 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W8MJ
Operator(s): W8MJ
Station: W8MJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MI

Total: 1220   292  Total Score = 1,068,720

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow what a world of difference from last year.  Conditions to say the least were
extremely poor which made for a very painful weekend of operating.  So when my
daughter called me Saturday night and said Dad would like to go out for
breakfast and to the model train show tomorrow with us, I said
"Absolutely". So I got on Sunday morning early and was able to catch
a small opening for an hour run or so before it died out again, and then left
for breakfast and train show. My granddaughter (22 months old) loves trains.
So it was a joy to be with her and watch her looking at the trains going around
the tracks.  She was on the go going from train setup to another one. Came back
home after that and managed a few more hours in the chair.  Given the
conditions, my goal after the first night was to get a 1,000 q's and a million
points, so was able accomplish that.  Thanks for all the q's.  Log has been up
loaded to LOTW.