[3830] ARRLDX SSB P40P(W5AJ) SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 8 00:05:19 EST 2017

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40P
Operator(s): W5AJ
Station: P40P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:

   40: 1081    56
   20:  680    56
   15: 1012    57
Total: 3803   291  Total Score = 3,320,000

Nice visit to Aruba, did limited vacation style operation.

Many thanks to W2GD for climbing tower & getting skyhawk installed last
month, a joy to use.
and for encouragement on beverage antenna.  Quietest I've heard 80/160 and the
beverage tended to favor Western USA & worked well (quiet on noise, good on
signals)  A nice 600 foot walk through the cactus and brush but it worked.

Wendy & I had Dinner with Andy P49Y Thursday night and caught up on old
times.
It was a few years ago that Andy & I broke bread with Sue & Carl on
Aruba and listened to P40V Carl's stories, some we can't retell....  Not having
Carl & Sue there was missed this trip, normally Sue and Carl are at the
house in March while I did the ARRL SSB tests in past years.  That support was
missed.
73 W5AJ P40P