[3830] CWopsT W8DN LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 9 10:51:12 EST 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Mar 8

Call: W8DN
Operator(s): W8DN
Station: W8DN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  12  Mults = 12  Total Score = 144

Thought the bands were in TERRIBLE shape as I was having one hell of a time
getting loud stations to answer me in the CW Ops contest today. FINALLY worked
two stations in TX and one in LA on 20 CW. Switched to 40 hoping for better
results and couldn't work ANYONE, even in 8 land! Finally got to wondering and
hit the antenna change button on the tuner and it switched from dummy load to
antenna !! DUH !! TX and LA on a dummy load - not too shabby! Think I will have
to QSL those guys and thank them for their good ears!
  Only problem is, I seem to have a bad connection on the antenna and this high
wind is not helping anything. Maybe I should go back to the dummy load?