[3830] Rus DX K0OO(@WA3EKL) M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 19 10:40:30 EDT 2017

Russian DX Contest

Call: K0OO
Operator(s): K0OO WA3EKL N3DPB KG4USN KB3VQC
Station: WA3EKL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD

  160:   25      0       19         3
   80:   28     55       26         9
   40:   48     81       41         5
   20:  285     60       58        36
   15:   48      5       21         2
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  434    201      165        55  Total Score = 724,900

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

>From the crew at WA3EKL :  It was a very interesting contest for our first time.
 We struggled for contacts at certain times and ran them in others with 20
meters being our most productive band.  QRM from the basement refrigerator
distracted us the first half of the contest and static crashes of 20 over S9
plagued us the second half on 80 and 160 with a touch of rain and snow static.
The Pan adapter system described in February QST page 34 was built by WA3EKL
just before the contest and integrated into one of the K3 operating positions.
The system worked amazing well and enhanced the operators’ ability to see what
was happening around his frequency. If he needed to move to a clearer frequency
one could be recognized at a glance of the monitor screen. All had a good time
especially one of our night time ops on 160 meters.  Look for us next weekend
in CQ WPX SSB.