[3830] OkQP NU0Q Mobile Assisted LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 19 21:30:44 EDT 2017

Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: NU0Q
Operator(s): NU0Q
Station: NU0Q

Class: Mobile Assisted LP
QTH:

   20:  345     10
----------------------------
Total:  742     10      0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 143,268

Thanks to all for the contacts.  The bands seemed long on Saturday, as I
couldn't hear any other Oklahoma stations.  A computer problem cost me about
half an hour on Saturday (seems to happen every QSO party), which forced us to
take a long lunch.  Therefore, we didn't get to Jefferson County until sunset.
Sunday seemed a bit slower, but with better propagation.  We managed to fit in a
few bonus counties, making one contact each in Tulsa and Osage.  We ran 26 other
counties.  (I'm sorry we left Kiowa before I worked everyone, but there was no
place to stop.)  We also fit in a few sightseeing breaks.  Interesting
landscapes - one minute it's flat, and the next minute there are mountains.
Thanks to my XYL Karen for doing all the driving.