[3830] WPX SSB AA7CR(@W7VO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 20:03:27 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AA7CR
Operator(s): W7VO KG7ASQ KI7DCN
Station: W7VO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Exactly what a contest is supposed to be; fun, exciting, challenging, and with
friends! I just wish Murphy had stayed home.

Broke in a brand new Extra ham and threw him into the WPX fray. He got to see a
side of ham radio that very few get the opportunity to, and I think he had a
great time. Now he can decide if he really wants to be a contester!

Broke the 40M/160M antenna switching late in the night on Saturday, had to be
inventive to keep the station on the air.

Less 10M and 15M contacts than last year, but more on 40M and 80M. Score
somewhat lower than last year due to poorer conditions.

Rig: FT-2000 and AL-1500
Antennas: TH6DXX at 60 ft for 10M-20M
Wires for 40M-160M