[3830] WPX SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 26 22:11:15 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Too many things on the go this weekend. Radio was, unfortunately, not at the top
of the list. When I did manage to get on the air, I found CONDX -- at least from
my QTH -- extremely awful. But when antennas were pointed in my direction…
WOW! Amazingly crystal clear signals rising above the noise. Too bad that
doesn't happen much. I understand the reasons why. I just wish it weren't so.
Maybe because of CONDX, I found myself QRMed off my run frequency too many
times to count. Sometimes it was another op who suddenly started CQing, or it
sounded that way because he wasn't there when I started calling CQ, or else it
was ops responding to the other op. Even when ops were several kilocycles away
-- and yes, I know, there wasn't much room anywhere because the good bands were
full of CQing stations -- the splatter made CQing impossible for me. Very
disappointing.
Because of the above, I wasn't able to enjoy my usual JA run.
Didn't actually expect much DX in the log, either, so I was surprised that I
actually have some EU. My thanks to those ops who picked my callsign out of the
noise.
As always, regardless of the challenges and negatives, there were happy
moments, too. Great to put familiar callsigns in the log. Wonderful to say
hello to people near and far. Nice to have been spotted now and then, which
postponed the intentional/unintentional QRM for a little while. :)
Thanks to all who heard me. See you next time.
73
Rebecca VA7BEC