[3830] WPX SSB OF1F(OH1NOA) SO(A)SB20 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 27 07:24:04 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OF1F
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: SO(A)SB20 HP
QTH: Pori

   20: 1840

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT1000D + Alpha 91b 1500 watts out
4/4el yagis + 4 el yagi

My first SSB contest since CQWW SSB 2015 and my first real effort single op SSB
contest since CQWW SSB 2014.

Propagation wasn't very good and it was up and down all weekend. It improved to
NA on Sunday: I worked 970 qsos on Saturday and 870 qsos on Sunday. I have never
had such a ratio between Sat/Sun on WPX ever. JAs were quite good on both days
but never heard any VK/ZL on Sunday. On Sunday skip also improved to Central
Europe, it was mostly IK/EA on Saturday.

Only 460 North Americans worked and eat this: the best hour was 116 q/hr (only
8 hours over 80 qsos)! Of course it didn't help to have time to time S7 QRN
from the stateside direction. Some wide signals on the band too: UA9MA on
Sunday morning had interesting over 35 kHz wide splattering signal.

CU in WPX CW!