[3830] WPX SSB PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOSB10 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 28 10:49:27 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PS2T

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: Araraquara SP

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

After half a century of various contest experiences,
I wanted to try something new.

That was entering 10M monoband during a sunspot minimum,
with a miserable propagation forecast.

About 8000 CQs by F1 gave 400 Qs.The remaining 80 were by S&P.
First day 300 Qs, the second day 184 Qs.

Continent distribution:
  NA 56 %
  SA 30 %
  EU  8 %
  AF  3 %
  OC  2 %
  AS  1 %

Nothing from Russia and the ex-Soviet countries.
No JA, no VE, no DL.
Just EA CT F G EI SV I ZB2 9H from EU.

The short US "pile-up" with rates up to 80/hour
lasted from 19Z to 22Z

I screened the WPX SSB 10M results for past decades:
It seems that the propagation in 2017 was the worst since 1986.

The highlight of this contest was the five-star service provided
by my host Atilano, PY5EG, and his wife Marcia. This included
full breakfast, tasty lunch, and delicious dinner served with red wine.

The rig: Yaesu FT-2000 with amp, 1 kW
Ant: Two 6 el monoband yagis up 22m and 12m plus a SteppIR up 40m,
allowing simultaneous beaming in 3 directions.

73, Ville PY2ZEA OH2MM