[3830] WPX SSB TM0T(F4HQZ) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Mar 29 02:00:34 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: TM0T
Operator(s): F4HQZ
Station: TM0T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IN77tx

   40: 1613
   20: 1876

Following the great storm Zeus during the ARRL Phone contest, I had to roll up
my sleeves to repair the damage in order to be active in the CQWPX phone
Contest (SOAB). I did not expect to beat the previous record in that category,
due to low solar activity (worse on 15-meter band than during the ARRL
Contest). My higher QSO rates were better on 40m (166 QSO/H)than on 20m.
Propagation was so poor on 15m that it did not pay off with the NA Continent
:-(

There is still much work to be done before being fully operational, but once
again I enjoyed this weekend. I’d like to thank you all for calling, and
sorry for those I could not copy.

73 de Gildas, TM0T (aka F4HQZ)

Icom 7800 + HB linear amp.

160m: 18m vertical T with elevated radials

80m: Top-loaded delta loop

40m: 4 el. DXBeam @ 27m

20m: 5 el. DXBeam @ 24m

15m: 6 el. DXBeam @ 22m