[3830] FlQP K4JC SOABSSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 1 20:38:15 EDT 2017

Florida QSO Party

Call: K4JC
Operator(s): K4JC
Station: K4JC

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: BRE

   40:          26
   20:          64
--------------------
Total:   0      90  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 42  Total Score = 7,560

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Very part-time operation, just over 3 hours total due to work and family
commitments. From some of the comments I've seen it looks like most everyone
fought hard to get Qs. A couple of times I went 15 - 20 minutes between
contacts, but I'm still happy with what I achieved, especially considering the
lousy band conditions and that all I had to use on 20 meters was my 40/80m
vertical. I was pleasantly surprised to also get a few EU and SA in the log.
Boy I can't wait to get my tower back up!

On an aside: I discovered that missing time operating in the FQP can be
expensive. Sunday morning I made a few contacts before church, intending to
come straight home afterwards and operate all afternoon. Well, after church my
wife wanted to stop at a local furniture and appliance store's
going-out-of-business sale "just to look around." We ended up buying
a new hutch for the kitchen.

73, Vince K4JC