[3830] 7QP VA7ST SOCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 7 03:47:51 EDT 2017

7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: BC

----------------------------
Total:  173     0       0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 42,039

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good on 20M through 160M.

Top band didn't see much action, though I was there bleating out CQs to get
whomever strayed down there in the final hour. Got 8 additional Qs by going to
160M and sure appreciated the calls.

80M as pretty solid with the triangular array of verticals pointed SE or SW to
cover the 7th call area pretty well. The band was strong even to New England,
where I kept working stations until the session there ended at 0500z.

Didn't really miss running high power with the bands open no nicely, and assume
noise wasn't a problem at the other end o 80M and 40M.

Was surprised to so readily work the close-in states on 20M -- most years it is
tough to work WA, MT and ID until I go to 40M, but no trouble this time.

On 15M, I landed four Qs and four counties across NV, UT and WY which is four
more than I figured I'd get by going up there.

Managed to beat my previous best score from 2011 (31,374) by a healthy margin.

Love the 7QP -- thanks to everyone who got on for the day!

-- Bud VA7ST

http://zone.va7st.ca
Zone Zero -- the podcast for casual but avid contesters