[3830] 7QP N7XU(K4XU) M/S MobileCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 7 12:50:02 EDT 2017

7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: N7XU

Class: M/S MobileCW LP
QTH: ID/OR
Operating Time (hrs): 17:42

----------------------------
Total:  957     0       0  Mults = 66  Total Score = 187,902

Club: Central OR DX Club

Comments:

Drove 473 miles east to Burley ID on Friday where we stayed overnight. I'm
breaking in a new driver, my skiing buddy Phil Kirk. We left on time at 6AM
MDT. Operated from the hotel parking lot for a while to take care of Minidoka
County but it was noisy so we went north into the country a bit. I don't know
what it about gas stations, but they are at least four s-units higher than
ambient. Moving back south across the Snake River, we turned west to hit Cassia
and TwinFalls where we turned north, recrossed the Snake river into Jerome
heading for Lincoln. At Shoshone we turned east on 26 and headed back to I84.
Here it's wide open farming country with lots of slow moving implements, but
very quiet. We worked our first DX: I DL OM F and JA. The rest of the trip
through Idaho is mostly on I84 with side trips to Owyhee, Boise, Gem and
Washington counties.
On 84 still into Oregon for a stop for fries and coffee at McDonald's in
Ontario. 10 miles up Rt95 and back to hit Washington County then on to Oregon.