[3830] 7QP K7HKR SO(A)SSB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 8 00:51:13 EDT 2017

7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: SO(A)SSB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:          20
   40:          24
   20:          39
----------------------------
Total:   0      83      0  Mults = 22  Total Score = 3,652

100 watts, homebrew magnetic loop from AZ

Had to miss 1600-2100UT for a work event.  Plan was to try to run on 15/10
meters, but bands weren't open and/or no activity, so exclusively S&P on
20/40/80.  Worked 30 7QP counties.  Picked up about 20 QSOs from the other
parties, plus several other states from strong stations calling into 7-land.
Didn't hear any rovers, but a few county-line mobile operations.  Was nice to
work many stations on multiple bands.  It was also nice to have a lot of strong
signals on 75 meters in the late evening, and patient operators to pick my
signal out with my antenna being very inefficient that far down.  (I only
respond on 75 when the operator isn't busy.)  Ran Assisted for spots, but I
spin the dial myself and wouldn't have missed much without spots in this case.