[3830] NewEngQP WN4AFP Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 8 11:10:58 EDT 2017

New England QSO Party

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

   80:     21
   40:     69       16
   20:     76       32
------------------------
Total:    166       48  Mults = 55  Total Score = 20,900

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

WOW! This was my first serious effort in the NEQP. I worked the other QPs, then
at 4pm, my primary focus was the NEQP. I had a perfect location so that I could
work stations on 20m and 40m during the day. Yes...sigs weren't great on 40m,
but just enough to make the contact. I was running my old trusty IC-751 75w
with 80/40 dipole at 10 feet and a G5RV Jr. at 5'. Still amazed with the
results.

My goal this year was to make at least 200Qs in this race. At halftime, I was
at 115 Qs with only one mobile contact. Thanks to two mobile ops NZ1U and WA1Z,
I knew that I could reach my goal and surpassed last year's LP winner. I went
silent at 2300z on Sunday because most of the NEQP stations were heading to
80m. The best hours of this race for me was at 2000z on Saturday and 1300z on
Sunday...not a surprise. Thanks to Tom K1KI and the gang who made this one
possible.  73s Dave WN4AFP