[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VE3CRU/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 8 16:21:31 EDT 2017

Microwave Spring Sprint

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: EN93/94 FN03/04
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 10  Max Dist(km) = 74  Total Score = 578

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I chose to go north-west to hand out grids to VA3ELE in areas very poor for
microwaves at the best of times.  This time very foul weather accompanied me,
with rain, fog and haze, could not see the hills and tree lines ahead except if
seeing car headlights higher in elevation through the haze and fog.  Got 8 qso's
with VE3ELE in 4 grids, 1 each with VE3FHM on 1296 only band, and a very tough
qso on 1296 with VE3AHN running 2W to 14 elmts in an apartment building, also
his only band.  Participation was down in our area.

A major loss is those choosing to arrange qso's on ON4KST, means fewer signals
to be heard calling cq.

Equipment:

1296 usual 10/50W to pair of vertically stacked 45 loopers
2304   "   14W to pair of horizontal 45 loopers, got 1 qso.
 903 FM only 20W to a handheld WA5VJB 10 elmt beam, worked great for 3 qso's.

Thanks to the CSVHFS and Kent and Mike for sponsoring and supporting the
Sprint, and to all who participated.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R