[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu May 11 23:26:28 EDT 2017

NCCC Sprint - May 12

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: stx

   80:  15     14
   40:  15     12
   20:   9      9
   15:   1      1
Total:  40     36  Total Score = 1,440

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Lousy start, since I wasted nearly four minutes on 15 tying to make someone hear
me. W9RE got the good ears award.

The mult gods were good to me, as nearly every contact (36 of 40) were mults to
make up for a poor start and a decent finish on 80, where the noise from a
passing storm was very bad. The SAL-30 helped a LOT, but had to "point
it" as W6-7 for all contacts to minimize the QRN.

Managed to beat out the new "Beast of W5," KZ5D, once on 80 to
compensate for losing to him yet again.Congrats, Mr. Art.

Fun as usual. 73 and thanks for the excitement fellows. I'll miss Dayton, so
those going have a safe trip and a good time.

Jim N3BB