[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri May 12 16:58:56 EDT 2017

CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 11

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Total:  87  Mults = 78  Total Score = 6,786

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

After dinner I spent an hour at the gym on the exercise machines, then an hour
swimming laps, then 30 minutes on the couch.  About 02:50Z I went out to the
shack and started to turn things on.  Windows Update took a short while.  54
QSOs the first half hour on 40 and I could see the band thinning out.  Kept at
it until 10:45.  Lots of CQing. Band change to 80 involved opening the window
and reaching out for the coax.  SWR quite different on the vertical when the
ground is wet.  A receive antenna is required on 80 since I storm passed over
earlier in the evening.

Still building the station.  Next week I may add a coax switch, but prefer to
keep working on outside things when the weather is good.