[3830] King of Spain CW WQ6X(@NX6T) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 21 14:54:31 EDT 2017

His Maj. King of Spain Contest, CW

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5
Remote Operation

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  34     19
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  34     19  Total Score = 1,026

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute remote operation from NX6T in Fallbrook,
Ca. (aka "NashVille"), although I was in the SF Bay Area at the
time.

Everything checked out before hand except I didn't check WINKEY's keying of the
radio; which I discovered (at 12:05z) it could not do as the COM4 serial port
was out and no one for miles available to see if the cable fell out or if there
was some other problem.

The solution was macro/keyboard keying by the RCForb remote access software.
After awhile I became comfortable enough with jumping between the VNC viewer
screen (to log under N1MM+)and RCForb to key the transmitter.

I purposely ran increasing amounts of high power to verify a new air
conditioning system for the shack was working properly.
When it gets too hot STN-1's Toshiba laptop overheats and shuts itself off.
This weekend after rebooting the laptop (in a hopeless attempt to revive COM4),
the computer itself operated flawlessly; although I can't necessarily make that
claim about the operator.

I loved hearing all the EA stations.  I only wish there had been 5X as many.
40 meters was WIDE OPEN to Spain, so the lack of Spanish participation
surprised me.

You can read my write-up about this Gig in the WQ6X Contest BLOG:
http://WQ6X.Blogspot.Com