[3830] WPX CW KJ5Y M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 28 20:16:20 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KJ5Y
Operator(s): KJ5Y N5XZ YU6DX
Station: KJ5Y

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Houston
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Remote Operation

   20: 1133

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Well that was a lot of fun along with being very stressful.
Conditions in the week leading up to this one were somewhat fantastic and then
the sun decided to take a STEAMY DUMP on us BEFORE AND DURING the contest!

This was the first full outing for the GXP 7-7 which was put up in the last
month.
Performance was excellent even with the tough conditions.

Murphy played its toll with a few of the team at times during this test, lots
of audio dropouts and caused some delays and missing dits, So we apologize to
anyone for our delays in responding and the repeated requests for repeats.

Saturday the bands were alive and easy to work good runs in EU and AS.
Sunday after the sun took a hissy fit was much more difficult and EU wasnt
heard till very late on before the end on 20m!

Good runs to NA/SA on 15/10 on Sunday, made up for the slow rates on the lower
bands.

All in all was a lot of fun, with stresses.
Not exactly a recording breaking score, but we enjoyed it.

See you next time around and our issues will be fixed out. Hopefully the sun
plays ball with us too!

Eqmpt:
Kenwood TS-590
Expert 1.3K-FA Amp
GXP Antennas 7-7 at 100'
Inv V Dipole for 80

N1MM+ running through Hamachi to network all logs
RCForb by the Remotehams.com guys for the remote working.

&3 from the KJ5Y team

 Band     QSOs     Pts  WPX  Pt/Q
   3.5      60     105   10   1.8
     7     536    1452  148   2.7