[3830] WPX CW NC8C(K8MR) SOAB(TS) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 28 21:01:57 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NC8C
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: SOAB(TS) HP
QTH: Ohio

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Memorial Day weekend is always a busy time for me, and more so this year as we
did not get back from spending the winter in Florida until May 15. I do like to
put out the usually unique NC8 prefix as NC8C, the North Coast Contesters club
call, and was again able to do so.

I finally turned on the radio Sunday morning, and saw that the bands were
obviously broke. So I went out to do yard work for the next few hours. I came
back around 20Z and the bands were less bad, so I fired up. Nearby thunderstorm
QRN made things tough, but still it was nice running from a real station after a
winter with low power and hidden antennas in Florida.

After things slowed up on 20, I worked a few guys on 15 and noticed loud
signals from the SE USA. So I QSY'd to 10 and found signals there too. So I
went into VHF contest mode (well, no grid squares) and enjoyed the Es. As
things slowed up there (I was actually "running" for a while)the
t-storms moved in and that was all for the contest.

73  -  Jim  K8MR