[3830] WPX CW KU6W(K9YC) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 28 21:17:11 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KU6W
Operator(s): K9YC
Station: K9YC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SCV

   20: 1069

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, we all knew we were going to pay dues for that great EU 20M opening Friday
night and most of Saturday. My first clue was seeing 6M cluster spots early
Saturday evening for QSOs via aurora. That nearly always means HF will be in
the dumper.

I had great fun Friday night, stayed at it until 3:30 am, woke around 6 am and
rolled over, hit the shack around 10. Rolling over was a really bad idea.

Sunday was a real slog, 15 was nearly dead until a weak JA opening in the last
few hours. My target was to beat last year, and I did, by 50K points. Mults
were hard to come by, but 20M was where I found them all day Sunday. And almost
all NA.

Thanks for all the fun, and 73

Jim K9YC