[3830] WPX CW VP5M M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun May 28 22:14:10 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VP5M
Operator(s): K4BAI K4QPL
Station: VP5M

Class: M/S LP
QTH: VP5

   20: 1001

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We came down at the last minute to sub for Art, KZ5D, who had planned to operate
here as VQ5D but had to postpone his vacation at Harbour Rock due to health
issues in the family. We look forward to him operating here in the near future.

Nevertheless we managed to have a fun weekend on the island. Computer
networking issue without enough time to mess with it left the second radio for
listening only with all Q's made from the main radio.
Equipment: K3s; TS-590S; SteppIR 3 el; 80-40 trap inverted vee, 160M
inverted-L; OCF Dipole, all at about 30'AGL; 130'above sea level with a north
facing view of the Caribbean. Conditions didn't seem as good as last year with
some miserable hourly totals Saturday night.
Club points to be divided between PVRC and SECC for K4BAI and K4QPL.
Thanks for all the Q's from all over the world.