[3830] WPX CW VP2MDG(K2DM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 06:09:10 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VP2MDG
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: VP2MDG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VP2M

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Well, that was interesting.  There were short periods of joy, when loud stations
called one at a time, and I was able to fill the log quickly.  These were
interspersed among longer periods of drudgery, when not-so-loud stations called
a few at a time, beating against each other in that way that we 'enjoy' so much,
and it takes work to pull out a call.  Runs were definitely not as pronounced as
when propagation is better, but I could pretty much always find a band where I
could generate enough interest to keep me going.

As always it is a pleasure to be sought after with the VP2M multiplier, and it
is exciting to have friends and family call in.  Brother Peter, K3ZM called on
three bands, and after all these years it still is a thrill to hear his call.
Club mates from The Villages Amateur Radio Club called a handful of times.
Wayne (N4FP), Marty (WB2VYK) and Pete (K2PS) come immediately to mind.  Then
near the end of the contest, after I had eaten dinner and celebrated with a
Carib, I decided to 'walk' 20M for multipliers.  Right at the low end was
brother Jeff (VY2ZM) running stations from JT5DX, so I earned the coveted
Worked All Briggs Brothers award.

Sincere thanks to everyone who called me during the weekend.

73,
George VP2MDG / K2DM