[3830] WPX CW K2LNS SOSB40 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 14:15:59 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K2LNS
Operator(s): K2LNS
Station: K2LNS

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: PA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Used a 3 element 40 meter beam but was not able to have it raised to the top of
the tower. Basically locked at Europe. But also facing into trees at 50 feet
away. Friday nite signals were strong into Europe. Saturday the Aurora made
contacts into Europe very difficult. Between the buzz and QSB-QRN. I shut down
at mid-nite and got up at 4am Sunday local time. No stateside signals were
being heard. A few in the Caribbean and one ZL. I operated for 15 hours. Hope
to have the antenna at 90 feet later this week and rotating