[3830] WPX CW OL5Y SO(A)AB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon May 29 15:26:30 EDT 2017

CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: BKO

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

My first serious effort with SunSDR MB1 TRX as a main radio and my old IC756 as
a second. Because of some technical issues I had to swap them and use MB1 as
secondary. But because of the fact that I was 95% S&Ping almost nothing was
changed. The MB1 is excellent - just a different class. For serious contest use
it needs some "tuning" of the SW (my opinion) but developers are
quite listening to my comments so I believe that for the next contest it will
be usable for me as a main radio.
There was written many stories about horrible CONDX on second day - it's
tangled my stratedy too. Just one sentence - on Sunday on 20m I heard just
around 20 US/VE stations but got through 5 only - the same on 40m on Sunday
morning and the same before the end of the contest... But finally I am quite
glad with the result.
Thanks to all who heard my call and SN.
RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master,
switches...
ANT: 3el tribander ECO @ 19m, stack of SpiderBeams @ 17+25m, 2-el Quad for 40m
@ 25m, Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m
SW: N1MM+