[3830] NCCC Sprint K8MR LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 2 23:06:16 EDT 2017

NCCC Sprint - Nov 3

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL

   80:  12     11
   40:  12     11
   20:   1      1
Total:  25     23  Total Score = 575

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

The snowbird migration south was a success. The dipole in the attic worked K6MR
on 20;the strings I left in the trees when I left last spring were well tangled
up when I returned. Not sure if from Irma, normal growth or both. I was able to
get the 80M wire vertical back up, but I had to load that on 40 as well.
Signals there were pretty weak other than W9RE who was S9. Last QSO was at
0253; 160 is pretty hopeless, though I could force a few watts on that band.
W4OC was the only guy loud enough here it imagine working, but no joy the one
time I called him.

See you all in CW SS. As of now I'm planning a trip to the salt water for a QRP
effort, plus maybe a few hours from the condo as W3USA.

73  -  Jim   K8MR