[3830] SS CW W9RE Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 20:24:16 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IN

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Predicted stormy weather came true on Sunday.  I took one early off time for bad
storms/lightning, got back on and suffered through high static levels then
things really got bad about 5 pm with close by lightning.  Tornados were one
county away so I think all my antennas survived OK.  I was going to get back on
after things cleared but static levels were pretty high so I bagged it.

Missed PR VI and NNY.  Pretty good activity and some new calls.  Fun time and
thanks for making it happen by getting on the air.