[3830] SS CW KZ5D Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 21:38:54 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 15:19

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Lots of high and lows this time. 15 was open at the bell, so I started there
instead of staying on the money band - 20 meters. As K5WA said, if you miss the
boat in the early hours, it's over. Couldn't get too motivated after the slow
start. Had lots of band noise on 40 and 80 causing me to ask for lots of
repeats. In fact, 80 was better than 40 here. Late Sunday afternoon I was still
missing NNY, PR and VI. When N6EE appeared on 40 there was such a huge pileup
the op got frustrated and QRTed before many of us could work him.

Can't seem to get my mind/body in condition for the late Saturday P.M. start.
But on the plus side, I did invest in a better chair and didn't move out of it
for 8 hours at one stretch.

Hard to imagine the effort it takes to do this with QRP, but their are plenty
of guys doing it with some really outstanding signals. Who needs a KW? ME!
thanks to all for the Qs and fun!