[3830] SS CW K3HW Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 5 21:49:45 EST 2017

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3HW
Operator(s): K3HW
Station: K3HW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Skippack, PA (EPA)
Operating Time (hrs): 19:25

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

New windom at 55 feet over my tree in the back yard played extremely well
stateside. The 10 extra feet added for the tribander has seemed to help as
well! Very pleased with that!  QRP was a very rough go. Much easier if easy is
the right word, on the tribander than on the wires.  Thanks for the all the
stations who hung in there with me. For those stations that did not hang in
there with me, I understand. No worries.

Highlight was working NT and AK QRP and them taking extra efforts to work me.
Much appreciated!   Missed sweep with NNY, PR, and VI.  I can understand the
islands being out due to the hurricanes but NNY?  They came on towards the end
and it sounded like P5 went QRV!  I am really enjoying running QRP. It really
helps to develop my operating skills.  This is my first major effort at SS CW.
I had much more fun this weekend than last with CQWW phone.  I am taking off SS
Phone and will be on CQWW CW probably SOSB 20 LP.  See you then!  73 de K3HW ..